At Project Horse, Summer Camp is Horse Play!
Camps at Project Horse do not involve riding, which opens up a world of possibilities for kids to discover endless cool ways to hang out with, and learn from, horses. Our camps are unique, supportive and fun. A wonderful thing about Project Horse camp is that everyone makes new friends. The special atmosphere and our amazing horses ensure that every participant feels successful and has a memorable week. Our specialty camps are great for kids who need a boost in social confidence or self-esteem, but also provide enriching opportunities for kids who could benefit from better problem solving and leadership skills.
Through "play" with the horses, our camps help kids learn a lot about themselves and the world around them. Designed for both boys and girls, the camp program focuses on:
- self-esteem and empowerment
- frustration tolerance & coping skills
- creative problem-solving and teamwork
- appropriate social skills and interpersonal communication skills
- boundaries, self-awareness and empathy
- having fun, making friends and being in the natural world
There's tons of hands-on time with the horses each day - caring for the horses' needs, painting with the horses, working on horse agility and other training skills, and learning to connect with the horses. Horse Play at Project Horse is a fun and laid back way to help kids learn to be more patient, compassionate and self-confident.
Minimum staff ratio is 1:4
Prior horse experience is welcomed but not at all necessary
- At camp, meet local NBC news star, Fiona Fudge! You may even get to help her create one of her special & original works of art.
- At camp, enjoy building friendships with our mini and full size horses!